behavior of gnatsd for USER username

From: george stewart
Subject: behavior of gnatsd for USER username
Date: 19 Feb 2003 11:36:06 -0500

Hi,

In configuration of gants user, shouldn't you be able to specify user's
password with either empty field or `*' meaning that password is not checked or
required.

When I use gnatsd and USER username and the password is empty, the user gets
the default permissions.  I have to give the user a password in order for
gnatsd to recognize the configuration of the user.

This isn't the case for edit-pr.  It allows editing with an empty password.