Re: GNATS development services moved to gnu.org

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: GNATS development services moved to gnu.org
Date: 22 Nov 2001 11:06:16 +0100

    CCW> We really didn't have a whole lot of traffic on gnats-devel to
    CCW> begin with.  If traffic picks up, most likely after the release
    CCW> of v4, you can always elect to start up yet another list for
    CCW> devel-only discussions.

Exactly.

    CCW> Personal preference would have directed me to make (keep)
    CCW> gnats-{devel,user,announce,cvs} lists instead of
    CCW> {help,info,commit}-gnats, but GNU seems to have a precedence
    CCW> with this naming convention.

Yes, the list names must satisfy GNU conventions.  And the consistency
of the overall GNU mailing list names has a precedence over old list
names of a particular subproject.

    CCW> For example, it'd be a lot easier to find the gnats related
    CCW> lists at http://www.gnu.org/pipermail/ were they prefixed with
    CCW> the software name instead of the list topic.

OTOH you can find all GNU announcement lists in a single place.  And
according to the GNU conventions, the lists info-PROJECT and
help-PROJECT should always exist if there are any mailing lists for
PROJECT there at all.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
real programmer?  don't get me started.  if you need to hide your
pathetic excuse for a carreer behind super-macho languages like C, C++,