Re: gnatsweb PR status change messages

From: Gerald Pfeifer
Subject: Re: gnatsweb PR status change messages
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 22:29:57 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> Gnatsweb 2.9x does not send PR status change messages to the GNATS
> address.  This breaks the way it is used for GCC, since developers put a
> PR in "feedback" state with the status change message requesting feedback,
> but if the user sends feedback it then doesn't get included in the PR,
> which may then later get closed wrongly for lack of feedback (feedback
> having gone to the mailing lists but not been filed with the PR).
> [...]
> A minimal patch for gnatsweb 2.9x is:

Thanks!

Yngve, we now have this patch in production on gcc.gnu.org and it works
as expected -- unless there are strong reasons against, I recommend to
include it for the 2.9x branch.

(If you want, I can create a ChangeLog and apply the patch.)

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" address@hidden http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/