Re: Announcing gnatsweb 2.9.2

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Announcing gnatsweb 2.9.2
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 15:46:18 +0100

At 00:29 27.10.2001 +0200, Kim Andersen wrote:
Hi Yngve,

Nice work.
I'm constantly "hacking" around in the presentation part of gnatsweb, as
I believe the form
can be more effectively presented (at least in our environment, and for
our usage)

I'd like to see some of my changes in the official gnatsweb, so I can
get rid of a little of my
workload.
Either by providing my changes (or whatever subset we can agree on), or
helping in making *MUCH* more
of the form controllable by site_callbacks.

I'm attaching my current layout for the "New Problem Report" - equal
changes has been done to the
editing form.
Also my "Main" page, which convinently provides the basic searching in
the reports that most of
my users like to see.

Let the critisizm roll :-)

regards
kim

PS.
The "Looping Status Window" pops up a new window. This window is being
updated every 5minutes to
show reports entered/modified within last 24 hours.
The "Search" part uses glimpse/swish for doing full-text indexing of the
reports.

This is interesting indeeed. I am planning to do some major changes to the presentation parts of Gnatsweb in the version due after 4.0 (Gnatsweb 2.x is dead development-wise), and this certainly provides some interesting ideas. I am sure we could agree on implementing some of this, while callbacks would be a good idea for some of these things. However, I am a bit busy trying to help push GNATS 4 itself out the door right now, so Gnatsweb 4.1 or 4.5 or whatever is still a good way off. I'll do some thinking and get back to you later, and if you come up with further ideas, please get in touch again.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer