Re: Need gnatsd command to retrieve multienum separators

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: Need gnatsd command to retrieve multienum separators
Date: 29 Oct 2001 23:29:39 +0100

    YS> Yes, I was actually in doubt about introducing such a special
    YS> command as this myself, and an FTYPINFO command would be much
    YS> better. We'd need to agree on the command syntax and the return
    YS> format first,

OK.  So the command format could be

  FTYPINFO <field> <option>

as I already suggested.  As for the return values, I think we will cope
with basically two situations: A single one-line return value or a list
of one-line return values.  So the response should be in correspondence
with the description of the 3xx responses in the gnatsd command
protocol, distinguishing the two cases by return codes.

    YS> Do you think it would take long to actually implement the
    YS> command?

I think that for now it would be sufficient to modify your FSEP patch.
A test for <option> depending on the field type should be added.  IMHO
we needn't add now more than the support for the `separators' option of
multi-enum fields.

Would you like to do it?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
It's amazing how much better you feel once you've given up hope.
                                                (unknown source)