Re: Need gnatsd command to retrieve multienum separators

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Need gnatsd command to retrieve multienum separators
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:59:48 +0100

At 21:36 28.10.2001 +0100, Milan Zamazal wrote:
Well, this information is needed by clients and no current gnatsd
command fits the purpose.  On the other hand I'm a bit reluctant to
introduce new gnatsd commands with such a special purpose.  For
instance, I think the `fields' subfield of the `enumerated-in-file'
might be useful to access as well (and I don't think it's accessible
now).

Maybe a better idea might be to introduce a command

  FTYPINFO <field> <subfield>

where <field> is the field name and <subfield> a subfield of the type?
I'm not very sure about this idea, but I like it more than a bunch of
similar gnatsd commands.

What do you think?

Yes, I was actually in doubt about introducing such a special command as this myself, and an FTYPINFO command would be much better. We'd need to agree on the command syntax and the return format first, so I can finish multienum support in Gnatsweb (I did it based on the proposed FSEP command, but changing that shouldn't take many seconds). Do you think it would take long to actually implement the command?

- Yngve