GNATS installation

From: Uma R
Subject: GNATS installation
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:50:31 -0700

Hi,
 I followed the steps as u mentioned. I downloaded 2.8.2 version of
 gnatsweb and i created the /etc/gnats-db.conf file as
         "/usr/local/share/gnats/gnats-db: dbase"
 Now i run the test as
 make test USERNAME=anon PASSWORD=pw DATABASE=dbase
 and this is the output

 perl test.pl

 <H1>Software error:</H1>
 <CODE>Can't call method &quot;header&quot; on an undefined value at
 gnatsweb.pl line 2198.
 </CODE>
 <P>
 For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this
 error message
 and the time and date of the error.

 test.pl: Can't call method "header" on an
 undefined value at gnatsweb.pl line 2198.
 connect...........................................FAIL
 make: *** [test] Error 111

 Kindly help me what could be the problem. The main problem what i
feel is connection refused error message is given. Why it is giving
 so.

 Even when i do telnet to the localhost at port 1529 like,
 "telnet localhost 1529"
the connection gets refused. But this entry is there in the /etc/services
file.

Also is the database in-built with GNATS itself???
PLEASE FOLLOW-UP THIS PROBLEM AS THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE FOR MANY OTHERS
TOO.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because
it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison