Re: gnatsd daemon problem

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: gnatsd daemon problem
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:12:09 +0200

At 19:34 11.07.2001 +0530, S Ramesh wrote:
ps -ef | grep ?

i could not find gnatsd even i restarted the system. SO what could be
the problem. Is inetd superserver is a must or xinetd itself can do.
Only thing is xinetd config is different compared to inetd.

You will seldom be able to see a running natsd process. Xinetd invokes gnatsd only when a connections is made on port 1529 of the machine, and gnatsd exits immediately after the connection is dropped.

Also while running the make test in the gnatsweb directory like

 make test USERNAME=anonymous PASSWORD=guest DATABASE=main

the output is like......

perl test.pl

<H1>Software error:</H1>
<CODE>Can't call method &quot;header&quot; on an undefined value at
gnatsweb.pl line 2199.
</CODE>
<P>
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this
error message
and the time and date of the error.

[Wed Jul 11 19:12:51 2001] test.pl: Can't call method "header" on an
undefined value at gnatsweb.pl line 2199.
make: *** [test] Error 111

So what could be the problem. Connection refused errno is returned.
Means noboyd is listening in the port 1529 r what? I request
you to help me to figure out the exact problem. Its really
frustrating and i am in urgent need of help.

Download Gnatsweb 2.8.2 and read the INSTALL file carefully. Essentially, you need to create a gnats-db.conf file in the /etc directory.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer