gnatsd daemon problem

From: S Ramesh
Subject: gnatsd daemon problem
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:34:57 +0530

Hi,

I need to check out whether the "gnatsd" daemon is working fine or
   not coz for gnatsweb to wrok properly gnatsd has to run. In my
system i have only xinetd internet superserver and not inetd.
   so i created a file gnatsd in the /etc/xinetd.d directory as

service support
{
        disable = no
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = gnats
        server          = /usr/local/lib/gnats/gnatsd
}

Is this format is correct. after doing this i again run the xinetd
daemon but i could not find gnatsd in the processes list like when i
tried

ps -ef | grep ?

i could not find gnatsd even i restarted the system. SO what could be
the problem. Is inetd superserver is a must or xinetd itself can do.
Only thing is xinetd config is different compared to inetd.

Also while running the make test in the gnatsweb directory like

 make test USERNAME=anonymous PASSWORD=guest DATABASE=main

the output is like......

perl test.pl

<H1>Software error:</H1>
<CODE>Can't call method &quot;header&quot; on an undefined value at
gnatsweb.pl line 2199.
</CODE>
<P>
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this
error message
and the time and date of the error.

[Wed Jul 11 19:12:51 2001] test.pl: Can't call method "header" on an
undefined value at gnatsweb.pl line 2199.
make: *** [test] Error 111

So what could be the problem. Connection refused errno is returned.
Means noboyd is listening in the port 1529 r what? I request
you to help me to figure out the exact problem. Its really
frustrating and i am in urgent need of help.

Thanks,
Ramesh