Re: [Help-glpk] Thread safety of GLPK

From: David Monniaux
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Thread safety of GLPK
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 09:14:17 +0100

I stumbled on the same problem as Mathieu: I wanted to run independent
GLPK computations (separate problem objects) in different threads (these
threads are started from OpenMP).

My solution was to modify one line in tls.c:

static _Thread_local void *tls = NULL;

This is standard C2011 and supported by recent compilers.

It seems older versions of gcc used __thread and Visual C++ supported
__declspec(thread), both of which are still respectively supported.

I was wondering whether some configure option could make its way into
glpk so as to activate thread-local storage for the main platforms,
since this seems a common request.

--
David Monniaux
Directeur de recherche au CNRS, laboratoire VERIMAG