Re: [Help-glpk] SOS2 piecewise linear function example

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] SOS2 piecewise linear function example
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 06:32:48 +1300

Hello Harley

To:           GLPK-HELP <address@hidden>
From:         Harley <address@hidden>
Date:         Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:29:12 +1100

> I was just reading the SOS2 constraints in GLPK
> for modeling piecewise linear functions and I
> wanted to check that I have understood the model
> so I have created an example formulation in GLPK
> mathprog and added it to the wikibook:
>
>    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Modeling_tips
>
> The model calculates the pool price from actual
> published price sensitivities in the Australian
> National Electricity Market for the QLD region.
>
> Could someone please review and let me know if
> there are any problems and feel free to improve
> anything.
>
> Regards,
> Harley

I'll have a look within the next week or so.

In the meantime you might find the following items
of interest, the New Zealand system is not so
different from the state system in Australia:

  Guan, Ziming and Andy Philpott.  2011.
      Modelling summary for the paper "Production
      inefficiency of electricity markets with
      hydro generation".  Electric Power
      Optimization Centre (EPOC), Auckland, New
      Zealand.  24 February 2011.

      http://www.epoc.org.nz/ember.html
      http://www.epoc.org.nz/presentations/Modellingsummary.pdf

the AMPL code and datasets are also available from
their website in PDF and XLS formats / no license as
far as I could see (so treat these as public domain at
your risk)

---

'vSPD' code on the google code hosting site:

  http://code.google.com/p/vspd/

a GAMS implementation of SPD, the software that
runs the New Zealand Electricity Market and
released under a GPL license

---

  Trans Power.  1989.  Principles for pricing
      electricity transmission.  Trans Power New
      Zealand Ltd, Wellington, New Zealand.

http://www.mang.canterbury.ac.nz/research/emrg/Read%2020Principles%20of%20transmission%20pricing%201988.pdf

scanned document and large, historical interest
mostly

---

  Transpower.  2010. Scheduling, Pricing, and
      Dispatch software : a mathematical
      description -- Model Formulation Version 4.4
      -- SO document ref UG-SD-025.  Transpower
      New Zealand, Wellington, New Zealand.

http://www.ea.govt.nz/document/12594/download/industry/mo-service-providers/system-operator-market-operation-service-provider/

all the equations

howz life downunder?
cheers, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]