Re: [Help-glpk] MIP Solvers (i.e CBC, CPLEX, GLPK, GUROBI, LPSOLVE, SCIP

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] MIP Solvers (i.e CBC, CPLEX, GLPK, GUROBI, LPSOLVE, SCIPC, SCIPL, SCIPS and XPRESS) Benchmark
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:21:53 +1100

Hi Nigel,

>> https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc
>>

>> https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/ticket/108
>>
>> It would be nice to have an alternative MIP solver for MathProg.
>
> LPSOLVE can read and solve mathprog.

Yes, I am like to run MIP mathprog model in LPSolve using XLI_MathProg dylib.

However, at the moment I have not managed to compile XLI_MathProg
dylib in Mac OS X (10.8) x86_64. I asked LPSolve yahoogroup, no one
answered. I have been answering my own question on how to complie
LPSolve and dynamic library in Mac OS X.

Re: CBC and LPSolve and my hard to solve MIP problem.

CBC and LPSolve would not even "touch it". I submitted the an MPS
format of my MIP model into CBC and LPSolve. Both solvers would go
into diagnostic of the problem and reports an objective function of 0.

Last night, The model was solve in GLPK/MathProg after placing the
right switch. It was solve at 37 minutes.

I will send a copy of the model in MPS and FreeMPS format to list in
my next email.

Noli