Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: .run file equivalent in GLPK?]

From: Reginald Beardsley
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: .run file equivalent in GLPK?]
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 09:57:25 -0800 (PST)

FWIW

I do a lot of the sort of thing Robbie described.

I have the basic model in a GMPL file w/ the data in a separate file.  I run a
program that reads the raw data from several files to generate the GMPL data
file.  I found that this worked much better than trying to read 2D & 3D arrays
from .csv files.

It looks approximately like this:

#!/bin/sh

LIST=`/bin/ls data `

for I in ${LIST}
   do

   myprog_1 data/${I} >job/${I}

   glpsol -m job.mod -d job/${I} -o out/${I}

   myprog_2 out/${I} >plot/${I}

done

In a *nix commandline environment (Solaris, BSD, Linux, MacOS X & Cygwin), the
shell and awk can easily automate many tasks.  So no matter what you're using,
this is a viable solution.

I know a number of people who use Cygwin on Windows in preference to Linux
because they have other software that is not available on Linux.  All the
others have this available by default.

Reg