[Help-glpk] Fwd: Re: Faster Integer-Feasibility in Mixed-Integer Linear

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Fwd: Re: Faster Integer-Feasibility in Mixed-Integer Linear Programs by Branching to Force Change
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 03:52:35 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Jennie Pryor <address@hidden>
To: Robbie Morrison <address@hidden>
Cc: John Chinneck <address@hidden>, GLPK help
<address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: Faster Integer-Feasibility in
Mixed-Integer Linear Programs by Branching to Force Change]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 17:46:27 -0500

Hi Robbie,

My thesis is available online as a pdf at:
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/obj/thesescanada/vol2/002/MR60229.PDF

Thanks,

-Jennie

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Robbie Morrison <address@hidden>
wrote:

        Hello John and Jennie

        I think it would be useful to add the code as it stands
        to the GLPK wikibook (or place it elsewhere and link
        back) for general reference.

        I am guessing that Andrew Makhorin may have a view on
        whether or not to integrate Jennie's code into the
        mainline.  For me, that seems like a reasonable idea.

        Just wondering if Jennie's thesis is publicly available
        as a PDF?  Perhaps your institution does not place
        write-ups on the internet or leaves it to the
        individual student to distribute it the way they wish.
        The write-up usually is the best source of information
        about a project, in my experience.  Could you check
        with Jenni perhaps?

        On behalf of the GLPK community, can I thank Jennie and
        you for offering to make the code available.

        best wishes
        Robbie

        http://www.sce.carleton.ca/faculty/chinneck/docs/PryorChinneck.pdf
        >> 22 Oct 2010 ? Faster Integer-Feasibility in Mixed-Integer
        Linear
        >> Programs by Branching to Force Change. by Jennifer Pryor
        >> (address@hidden). John W. Chinneck
        >>
        >> What do you think about this algorithm?
        >>
        >> Can we integrate this in the GLPK as one of the
        >> options to speed up IP solution?
        >>
        >> What do others think about this algorithm?
        >>
        >> Probably, we can ask the authors if they like to
        >> contribute the code to GLPK/MathProg project?
        >>
        >> Thanks.
        >>
        >> Noli

        ---
        Robbie Morrison
        PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
        Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
        University email (redirected) : address@hidden
        Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
        [from Webmail client]