Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Exit code 3 for larger datasets]

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Exit code 3 for larger datasets]
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:51:35 +0200

Hello Sheetal,

unfortunately your mail does not offer enough information
to analyze your problem.

I suggest for each GLPK routine you call you write a log statement
to a file and flush the file before entering the GLPK routine, e.g.

fprintf(file, "Calling GLPK in file %s, line %f\n, __FILE__, __LINE__);
fflush(file);

You could also use an error hook:

#include <setjmp.h>
jmpbuf env;

if (setjmp(env)) {
  fprintf(file, "function glp_check_dup failed");
  fflush(file);
  fclose();
} else {
  glp_error_hook(error_hook, &env);
  result = glp_check_dup(m, n, ne, ia[], ja[]);
}

void error_hook(void *in) {
  /* free GLPK memory */
  glp_free_env();
  /* safely return */
  longjmp(*((jmp_buf*)in), 1);
}

Given the size of your memory consumption you should consider using
a 64bit system with sufficient memory.

Best regards

Xypron