[Help-glpk] Problems with making glpk communicate with mysql on mac os 1

From: Gispider
Subject: [Help-glpk] Problems with making glpk communicate with mysql on mac os 10.6
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:49:30 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,
this is a question from a newbie, so please, be patient. :-)

I am on Mac OS 10.6 and I have installed MySQL 5.1.52 and it works fine.
I am trying to make glpk communicate with it, in other words, I am trying
the --enable-mysql option in the ./configure script.

However, when I run make, I get all sorts of errors like:
lpsql.c:1102:20: error: my_sys.h: No such file or directory
glpsql.c:1103:19: error: mysql.h: No such file or directory
glpsql.c:1108: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘MYSQL’
etc.

I think, from all the searching I have been doing, that the compiler cannot
find the header files for MySQL???
In this case, what can I do?

I have used the locate command, and have found these files, but I don't know
how to use this information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have been stuck with this for
over a week now.

Thank you in advance,
Gispider