re: [Help-glpk] INFORMS and GLPK

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: re: [Help-glpk] INFORMS and GLPK
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 07:46:48 +1300 (NZDT)

Marc Meketon wrote:

> To:         "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> Subject:     RE: [Help-glpk] INFORMS and GLPK
> From:       "Meketon, Marc" <address@hidden>
> Date:        Sat, 13 Nov 2010 08:59:44 -0600

> I wonder if a better GLPK venue would be in some
> conference in Germany, maybe Frankfurt.  It is more of
> the "epicenter" for GLPK, and perhaps Andrew would find
> it easier to get from Moscow to Germany?  It would be a
> shame to have a GLPK session and not have Andrew
> present.
>
> [snip]

I could help with local organization and perhaps also
with accommodation for any events in Berlin.  That
said, I don't follow the OR circuit.  But Berlin also
hosts the three day LinuxTag (LinuxDay) each year.  It
comprises about 50% in English, 50% in German:

  http://www.linuxtag.org/
  http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinuxTag

The official website (first entry) morphs into a dual
language version nearer to the event.  In the meantime
try:

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/linuxtag/collections/72157624113467421/

I could imagine that GLPK might get a good slot,
particularly if Andrew were able to present.  Does
Xypron have a view on this?

cheers
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]