Re: [Help-glpk] Re: MIP subproblems limit

From: Guilherme Fôlego
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Re: MIP subproblems limit
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 13:09:36 -0200

Hello Xypron

To make things clear, I should say that I'm implementing a parser that reads data e creates the files for a system glpsol call (unfortunately, it must be this way). Then, it prints the solution, time used and nodes explored.

> > So, is there a way to limit the "qqq" value?
> You can limit the time GLPK uses to explore the tree
> (glpsol --tmlim).

I see, but I was actually asking about limiting the total number of nodes explored. So when it's reached, the solver stops. Is that possible?

> > Also, is there a way to print the total number of explored nodes
> > and time used to the display (-- display) ?
> The solution time is output when the exploration of the tree is
> finished or the time limit reached.
> E.g.
> INTEGER OPTIMAL SOLUTION FOUND
> Time used:   1.6 secs

True, but for getting that information I'd have to search in the log file. I was looking for putting that information in the display file, so I'd know exactly where it is, without having to search for it. Is that possible?

> You can use the GLPK API function glp_ios_tree_size to determine
> the total number of explored nodes. See
> glpk-4.44/doc/glpk.pdf

That should be useful indeed, but is there a way to do that from a system gplsol call? Because I must not use the API.

Thanks again,
Guilherme Fôlego