[Help-glpk] Why is glpk-java.jar not the same across all platforms?

From: Fabio
Subject: [Help-glpk] Why is glpk-java.jar not the same across all platforms?
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:02:42 +0200

Hi all.

I'm using glpk-java in one of my projects. To use it under different platforms,
you need different shared libraries (libglpk.so under Linux, libglpk.dylib
under Mac OS X, glpk.dll under Windows) which is fully understandable. In
addition, a java library is needed: glpk-java.jar. It's created as part of the
build process. (I've successfully compiled glpk and gplk-java under Mac OS X
64bit and Linux 64bit).

Now, I was wondering why the JAR file (which only contains .class files) is
different under different platforms? I.e., I cannot use the same glpk-java.jar
under Linux and Mac OS X which is rather unhandy because it means that I cannot
put this file under revision control.

ciao
Fabio