Re: [Help-glpk] spx_simplex: problem has no rows/columns

From: xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] spx_simplex: problem has no rows/columns
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 17:05:02 -0800 (PST)

Hello Sana,

unfortunately you do not mention which JNI library you are using. From the
code it
looks like the one availabe at http://bjoern.dapnet.de/glpk/.

It has not been updated for a while and is not compatible to the current
version
of GLPK.

You can find a current JNI library at
http://glpk-java.sourceforge.net

If you are looking for precompiled Windows binaries, please download WinGLPK
available at
http://winglpk.sourceforge.net
It contains GLPK-Java and the latest release of GLPK (4.42).

Have a look at files
doc/glpk.pdf
doc/glpk-java.pdf
examples/java/Gmpl.java

Best regards

Xypron

Sana Jawad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to call a model written in MathProg using GLPK in java. My
> code
> is as follows:
>

> GlpkSolver solver = *new* GlpkSolver();
>
> GlpkSolver.*readModel*("C:/Models/my-model.mod","C:/Models/data-file.txt",*
> null);*
>
> solver.setProbName("Example");
>
>  solver.printProb("C:/Models/probData.txt");
>
> solver.simplex();
>
>  solver.printSol("C:/Models/res.txt");
>  And I get the following output:
>

> Reading model section from C:/Models/skedx.mod...
>
> C:/Models/skedx.mod:107: warning: data section ignored
>
> 107 lines were read
>
> Reading data section from C:/Models/skedx.txt...
>
> C:/Models/skedx.txt:93: warning: final NL missing before end of file
>
> 93 lines were read
>
> Generating maxshift...
>
> Generating mb...
>
> Generating mb1...
>
> Generating mb2...
>
> Generating mb3...
>
> Generating costCalc...
>
> Generating TotalCost...
>
> Generating temp2...
>
> Generating temp3...
>
> Generating obj...
>
> Model has been successfully generated
>
> lpx_write_prob: writing problem data to `C:/Models/probData.txt'...
>
> *spx_simplex: problem has no rows/columns*
>
> lpx_print_sol: writing LP problem solution to `C:/Models/res.txt'...
> *The probData and res.txt files have no data in them. However when I
> run this model from gusek or lpsolve i get a proper result.*
>
> Can anyone please tell what could be the issue here. Thanx in advance.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sana

Quoted from:
http://old.nabble.com/spx_simplex%3A-problem-has-no-rows-columns-tp27283017p27283017.html