[Help-glpk] Problem with generating a subset of sets

From: divian
Subject: [Help-glpk] Problem with generating a subset of sets
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:39:21 +0300

Hi!

By building a model I have the following problem in defining a set.
First I have a set of numbers, let's say 1 to 25.
This may be defined by: set N := 1..25;
Now I want to create a subset consisting only of the numbers 5, 10, 15, 20,
25.
Normally, I thought it might be possible by writing: set new_N := 1..25 by
5;
But this dows not work. The only solution I know is to write: set new_N := 5
10 15 20 25;
But for large sets this is would take a lot of time.
Thanks for your time and help!