Re: [Help-glpk] Embedding GLPK to user application

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Embedding GLPK to user application
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:23:14 +0300

> Andrew, I understand that interface for embedding to applications is not
> interesting for you. Nevertheless this is a real problem of GLPK because
> it is hostile to calling application. Developing separate thread is very
> costly for me because my program already developed on vb6.

I am not an expert in VB, however I do not think this is an issue. See,
for example, the following article:

In your previous post you mentioned lp_solve. Do not you encounter the
same problem on using it in your application?

> Now I see that I should myself put somewhere callback function to code of
> GLKP (as was recommend by Xypron). And correct code for each new version
> of GLPK. And all programmers for all new versions should correct code if
> GLPK is embedded to his application.

I do not think that patching the glpk source code is a good idea. There
must be a more acceptable way to resolve the issue.