Re: [Help-glpk] Only one data file allowed in GLPK

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Only one data file allowed in GLPK
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 08:41:58 +0400

Hi Xypron,

> currently only one data file is allowed in GLPK. This is an unnecessary
> restriction.

> One use case for multiple data files is keeping master data (e.g.
> machines, products, ...) separated from transactional data (orders,
> demands) and from parameters, which comes in handy when calculating
> different scenarios for the same model. Another use case arises when
> working with SQL. It would be wise to keep database connection
> information containing passwords separated from other data.

> When I analyzed the code I found that the necessary changes in
> glpmpl04.c and glplpx17.c are minor:
> http://glpk.dyndns.org/viewvc/svn/glpk/glpk/branches/glpk-4.31-multiple_data_files/src/glpmpl04.c?view=diff&r1=286&r2=285&diff_format=h
> http://glpk.dyndns.org/viewvc/svn/glpk/glpk/branches/glpk-4.31-multiple_data_files/src/glplpx17.c?view=diff&r1=286&r2=285&diff_format=h

Thank you. Please keep the changes for a while. Currently I need to
rewrite glpsol to get rid of using obsolete api routines.

BTW, why not to use any alternative way? For example, one could write

data;
#include "data1"
#include "data2"
end;

and then use the C preprocessor 'gcc -E' to build the data file.