Re: [Help-glpk] how to get intermediate results from glpsol

From: Haroldo Santos
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] how to get intermediate results from glpsol
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:07:37 -0300

Using glpk callbacks you can write intermediate solutions as early as glpk discovers it. Please look to the glpk manual.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Christopher Moore <address@hidden> wrote:
Any other suggestions?  The reason this is important is that glpsol has yet to run to completion for my problem (~7 days CPU time) but I would like to extract the best solution so far without having to start over with a new run and a time limit.  Since this behavior is (so far) typical of the problem at hand it would be nice for future runs to have a better approach.  If glpsol appended the current best solution to a file every time a new best was found, it would be easy to work from there.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris