Re: [Help-glpk] Modeling max-min or disjunction

From: Jeroen Janssen
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Modeling max-min or disjunction
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:58:53 +0200

Thank you for your help.  For future reference by other people searching this
mailing list, I'll post the solution here (I received this solution by e-mail
from Timo Van Donselaar):

For a >= min(b,c), which is equivalent to a >= b or a >= c we get:

var delta1, binary;
var delta2, binary;
var a,
param b;
param c;

constr1: delta1+delta2>=1;
constr2: a-b >= -M*(1-delta1);
constr3: a-c >= -M*(1-delta2);

Where M is a big number (in my case a and b were numbers in [0,1], so M
doesn't need to be so big I guess).  The case for max follows then in much
the same manner:

var delta3, binary;
var delta4, binary;
param d;