[Help-glpk] Re: 64 bit version of GLPK?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: 64 bit version of GLPK?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:57:40 +0400

> I am trying to build a 64-bit version of GLPK with gcc-4.0.1 on OS X
> Leopard. I need more than 4GB of memory for a huge LP I am trying to
> solve with the interior point method.

> It seems like I am running into numerous 64 to 32 bit (pointer to
> integer) conversion problems.

> Is there a version you can point me to that has been adapted to 64 bits?

Glpk conforms to ILP32, LLP64 and LP64 programming models.
In particular, LLP64 and LP64 mean that sizeof(int) = 4 and
sizeof(void *) = 8. To compile glpk in a 64-bit environment you only
need to provide these options; you do not need to change the code.

If your CPU requires 16-byte data alignment (rather than 8-byte),
the following line in the header glplib.h:

#define align_boundary sizeof(double)

should be replaced by:

#define align_boundary 16