Re: [Help-glpk] Building GLPK under VS2005 for x64

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Building GLPK under VS2005 for x64
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:43:44 +0300

> I'm trying to build GLPK/Mathprog 4.9 under Visual Studio 2005 for a x64
> machine (WinXP Pro x64). My VS2005 Projekt for x86 builds and runs
> beautifully. The x64 version also builds, but when I try out the
> generated code it crashes with an access violation.

> The problem seem to be the setjmp() routines e.g. in glpmpl4.c, which
> are processor-specific.

> My question is if anybody has buid GLPK successfully for Win XP Pro x64.
> Doesn't have to be in VS, a makefile would also be OK.

Glpk version 4.9 is too old (4 years ago) and needs some tricks to
compile on a 64-bit platform.

You could try the most recent version, 4.28, which conforms to ILP32,
LLP64 and LP64 programming models, and needs no tricks.

GLPK distribution can be ftp'ed from <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/> or
from some mirror ftp sites; see <http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html>.

About programming models see
<http://www.unix.org/version2/whatsnew/lp64_wp.html>.