[Help-glpk] Re: libglpk0: excessive install dependencies

From: glpk xypron
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: libglpk0: excessive install dependencies
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:17:42 +0100

Hello Andrew,

> Please inform me if the routines below are sufficient for our
> purposes. (I have not implemented a Windows version yet, however, it
> will be not so hard, I think.)

The routines seem to be sufficient. According to the ltdl documentation
lt_dlinit may be called multiple times. The library is released if lt_dlexit is
called as many times as lt_dlinit. This is what You are doing.

Hopefully the Windows version will be included in 4.28.

> 2. Xdlopen for iodbc or mysql should be called on the first request to
>    a database, not in mpl_initialize.

For loading the libraries that is fine and will save resources, when the
libraries are not needed.

The libraries should not be unloaded before mpl_terminate. Hence  some function
is needed to unload the libraries when GLPSOL is terminating.

Currently I am using the MPL structure to store which library has been
successfully loaded. I guess it would not be thread safe to put the information
into a static variable in glpsql.c.

I am ready to test as soon as You can provide a prerelease.

Best regards

Xypron

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden