[Help-glpk] Re: libglpk0: excessive install dependencies

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: libglpk0: excessive install dependencies
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:53:10 +0300

Hi Xypron,

I have looked through your code. Thank you for your efforts.

Using dynamic libraries is a separate problem, and I think we need to
consider it first and separately from implementing database interface.

The main difficult is that using dynamic libraries is out of the ISO C
standard. A solution could be using libltdl component of GNU Libtool,
because it provides portability for many modern platforms. Nevertheless,
for various reasons, I would prefer to implement wrapper routines which
might be configured for the following four cases:

1) GNU Libtool (libltdl)
   (see http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual.html )

2) The Open Group & IEEE standard (dlopen, etc.)
   (see http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/nfindex.html )

3) MS Windows (LoadLibrary, etc.)

4) Null case, if none of the above is available.

Wrapper routines follow the OG & IEEE standard:

   void *xdlopen(const char *file, int mode);

   void *xdlsym(void *handle, const char *name);

   int xdlclose(void *handle);

   const char *xdlerror(void);

I plan to implement these routines for next several days.

What do you think about that?

Andrew Makhorin