Re: [Help-glpk] big mod-file ... big problem

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] big mod-file ... big problem
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:33:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, pacho wrote:

> I have used the example fot shortest path, adapt it to my graph, run glpsol
> and .. and . and .
>
> And after 51 minutes I have got solution . but it ist too much for me .
>

> Is there a possibility to make it faster? Some king of precompile? Table is
> always the same, only start and end point is different .

If you are solving shortest path problems
there are faster ways than solving LPs.

There is an O(m*n + n**2*log(n)) for the all-pairs shortest path problem.
Look for
"Finding the Hidden Path: Time Bounds for All-Pairs Shortest Paths".

Even so, 51 minutes seems rather long.
How big are your problems?

--
Mike   address@hidden
"Horse guts never lie."  -- Cherek Bear-Shoulders