Re: [Help-glpk] glpk - memory problem

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk - memory problem
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:42:10 +0400

> Could you help how to compile my program by gcc in 64bit mode? Because
> my current problem is the parameter "ne" for lpx_load_matrix exceeds the
> size of 32 bit "int". I have to use "long int" to represent "ne". Then,
> lpx_load_matrix will have a warning of none comparative parameter.

Do you mean that your problem has more than two billions coefficients?
Or you just need to use long int's due to some other reasons? If the
former, it is doubtful that glpk is able to solve such huge problem.

Using 64-bit mode is only reasonable to address more space than 4Gb
on solving large instances. To compile glpk in 64-bit mode you should
specify appropriate hardware model options; for details see:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Submodel-Options.html