RE: [Help-glpk] Question about GLPK

From: Noli.Sicad
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] Question about GLPK
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:53:44 +1000

<Here, at the University of Chile, we are interested in developing some
<optimization
<rutines for various engineering problems. I understand that GLPK (linear
<programming rutine) comes with an API for C, C++ written language programs
<¿exclusively? Does this GLPK run (or complie) under pure LINUX? Is it <
<possible
<to implement in Java written programs?

Sorry, the link was not working for this.
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/cooker/2006.0/i586/media/contrib/python-glpk-0.4-2mdk.i586.html

This is the one you should be downloading.
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=26&dist=17&size=14146&name=python-glpk-0.4-2mdk.src.rpm

python-glpk-0.4-2mdk.src.rpm has this glpk.i.

* In src rpm, there is glpk.i which you can use to create java bindings for *
glpk. Hence, you can write program in java. Or you can use python-glpk and *
use jython for java application, if you don't want to create java-glpk

* http://www.jython.org/

Noli