[Help-glpk] intermediate solutions in the dual Simplex

From: HBuesching04
Subject: [Help-glpk] intermediate solutions in the dual Simplex
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:41:24 +0200

I am currently working on a project, which includes the study of adding
a constraint to a given LP. I want to reuse the old dual optimal
solution for finding the next solution. I am only interested in dual
solutions. So in fact I want to use the dual simplex algorithm.
Furthermore I am interested also in the intermediate dual solutions.
That means that each step where dual solution is improved shall be
noticed with the those dual variable values.

I want to use GLPK for this purpose and I made small investigations,
which I want to verify by contacting this forum:

1. Starting the dual Simplex with a given starting point is not
possible via glpsol.
2. I should take the function spx_dual_opt as an example, modify it and
furthermore write a data providing routine for this function.
3. For each intermediate solution I will have to recalculate the dual
variables, because of the usage of slack variables in the dual simplex
algorithm.

Are all three investigations true?
Has someone further ideas? For instance it is still not too clear for
me how to manage point 3.

Help is welcome,
Harald.