[Help-glpk] Location of glpk headers

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: [Help-glpk] Location of glpk headers
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:38:33 -0500

Hi,
I'm working on packaging GLPK for Fedora Extras. There is a fairly strict review process for getting packages accepted, and one of the reviewers of my packages pointed out that GLPK currently installs 19 headers directly into /usr/include. In packages with a large number of headers, distribution maintainers nowadays prefer that they be put into a subdirectory like /usr/include/glpk. I don't think this would affect things too much in GLPK, other than possibly making some changes to the *.c files in the examples directory. If I submitted a patch to do this, would you consider using it?

The other question is what other applications would be affected by this. I am the maintainer of Octave in Fedora Extras, which is the primary reason for my interest in packaging GLPK (version 3.0 will include LP functions that use GLPK), and I know some changes in source code would be needed to account for moving the headers. Are there any other well-known applications that use GLPK?

regards,
Quentin Spencer