[Help-glpk] Re: input data from external data files

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: input data from external data files
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:41:29 +0400

>I have been using glpk (the GLPSOL solver) using the GNU MathProg modelling
>language and was wondering if it is possible to input data from multiple
>data files.

At most one data file is allowed. However, you can merge several data
files into one file using, for example, the standard cat command:

   cat file1.in file2.in ... > file.dat

Another way (more convenient, as it seems to me) is using the C
preprocessor:

   gcc -E -xc file.in > file.dat

that allows using #include statements, #ifdef-processing, and static
substitution within model and data sections.