[Help-glpk] Re:Reentrant

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re:Reentrant
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:11:37 +0400

It seems to me that reenterability may be required not only by
algorithmic needs. For example, several months ago some people asked me
whether GLPK is MT safe. The reason was that they tried to link GLPK in
an AOLServer module to build an LP service accessible via Web, and of
course their test program hanged when there were more than one user at
time. I don't know details (as well as what AOLServer is :+), but as
I understand there are some unusual environments where reenterability is
crucial thing (although in the given case it is unclear why a control
program ran GLPK instances as threads, but not as processes in their own
address spaces).