[Help-glpk] Re:Reentrant

From: Martin Tsuetanov Vechev
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re:Reentrant
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Andrew, the idea for re-entrancy is not of top importance.
That would be needed if multiple threads are run, but they are not and the
current code structure is very rigid in terms of pre-allocating data
(staticaly). I also don't see where threads would be needed. Packages like
Symphony use threads for branch and cut, but for B&B there is no need for
threads, swtiching between them to solve different nodes will just
generate overhead. The nodes still need to be solved, there is almost
nowhere a period of 'waiting', where a thread must wait and another can
run in that time. (e.g. unlike user interface).