Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Indexing Collection & new GIFT

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Indexing Collection & new GIFT
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:08:03 +0100

On Thursday 10 February 2005 06:46, Dayang Awg Iskandar wrote:
> Hi Wolgang and GIFT team,

Hi, Dayang,

I hope you won't be offended, but I think you're trying to be too smart. You
give me bits of the printout. However, as you don't exactly know what is
happening, your selection of what you send us does not comprise all I would
need to know to answer your questions. So now:

do (assuming you're using bash)

./configure >& configure-output.txt

then do

make clean all install >& make-output.txt

then do

gift-add-collection.pl  [put some parameters here] >& \
 gift-add-collection-output.txt

wrap these text files up in a *.tgz together with the resulting
gift-config.mrml .

Send them to me (or whoever wants this, too), please. I think sending them to
the list is not very friendly for modem users ;-) .

> I run ./configure on the new version and it has this error:
>
> Foreign urls enabled
> checking for /usr/include/mysql++/sqlplus.hh... no
> checking for /usr/local/include/mysql++/sqlplus.hh... no
> checking for /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h... yes
> checking for /usr/local/include/mysql/mysql.h... no
> checking 'new SQLQuery()' in -lsqlplus... no! \nThe flags used in the
> unsuccessful compile were -g -O2 -g -O2 -DEF_PROTECT_BELOW=1
> -DEF_PROTECT_FREE -DEF_PROTECT_ALIGNMENT=8 -DEF_FILL=42  -I
> /usr/include/mysql  -lsqlplus
> checking for /usr/bin/perl... yes
> checking if we can embed a Perl interpreter into GIFT...
> perl-compile-test-program.cc: In function `void xs_init()':
> perl-compile-test-program.cc:69: error: `my_perl' undeclared (first use
> this function)
> perl-compile-test-program.cc:69: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once for each function it appears in.)
> perl-compile-test-program.cc: In function `void test()':
> perl-compile-test-program.cc:73: error: `my_perl' undeclared (first use
> this function)
>
> I'm just guessing that may be because of this, I was unable to do the
> indexing. What's the RPM to solve this error? I've installed mysql and
> sqlplus.

No, I dont' think this is the problem.

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik