Re: [s] [help-GIFT] Indexing Collection

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [s] [help-GIFT] Indexing Collection
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:08:41 +0100

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 08:37, Henning Müller wrote:
> Did you execute the "make install" as root?

This could be an idea.

> It looks like the feature extraction command does not exist at the place
> where it should be.

Exactly.

> When you type "perl gift-add-collection.pl --help" you will get a list
> with the options for adding a collection.

Yes,

> One of the options is the
> gift-home directory, the directory where it looks for the
> gift-config.mrml file.

yes, but I don't think this is the problem. It appears it did not find the
gift-config.mrml template in the first place. Normally, if you add the first
collection, gift-add-collection.pl first creates a "collectionless"
gift-config.mrml to which it adds the collection, then. The copy is done
before doing this addition.

> > Copying /root/gift-config.mrml to /root/gift-config.mrml-old
> >
> > Couldn't open /root/gift-config.mrml:
> > No such file or directory at /usr/local/bin/gift-add-collection.pl line
> > 574

Bottomline: if that copy does not work, it means that gift-config.mrml is
expecting gift-copy.mrml in another place. Did you move anything after
installing, Dayang? I will mail you the current version. Try that. Read
INSTALL first, if you have not done so, yet.

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik
Universität Bamberg