Re: [help-GIFT] Getting GIFT from Savannah

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Getting GIFT from Savannah
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:18:35 +0100

On Sunday 21 March 2004 23:44, David Squire wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to download the latest GIFT from Savannah. I haven't done
> this for quite a while, and it seems not to be working. Following the
>
> instructions on the web page, I do:
>  >set CVS_RSH="ssh"
>  >cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gift co gift
>
> It just hangs. No prompt. Nothing written to the directory. When I hit
> ^C, I get:
>
> cvs [checkout aborted]: received interrupt signal
>
> Has anyone else tried it lately? I'm just wondering which end the
> problem is. I'm using Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.2
> (client/server) on RedHat 9 (which all patches installed).
Hi, David,

Thanks for giving it a try.

I tried it after the FSF security problems (these were fixed in december 2003,
so I tried somewhere in january 2004). The thing to make sure when getting
things from CVS is to make sure that you're using version 2 of the SSH
protocol. This can be done by an entry in ssh_config.

I just did an anonymous checkout. It worked fine.