help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt localization

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt localization
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:18:02 +0200

On 03/13/2011 11:26 PM, Marek Rupniewski wrote:
Hi,
I wonder if there is any chance to have the gengetopt
internationalized/localized
in a near future. I mean i18n/l10n of the gengetopt itself by the means of
the gettext framework (and I do not mean any further internationalization of
the generated parsers, which would be a much more complicated goal to achieve).
Let me add that I would be happy to translate all the translatable strings to
Polish, provided that someone mark them (in the sense explained in
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Sources
).

Best regards,

Marek Rupniewski

Hi Merek

so you mean the strings (typically errors) generated by gengetopt itself right?

actually I've never used gettext, so it might take me some time to implement this feature.

Are you willing to take part of this development part?

thanks
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net