help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] quick question about --usage

From: Papp Gyozo (VBuster)
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] quick question about --usage
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:49:43 +0200

Hmm...

Actually usage string cannot be by passed anyhow. Is it intended?

If I don't specify custom usage in .ggo, gengetopt will do it instead of me.
If I could specify an empty string, then _print_help() would print several
empty lines:

  if (strlen(cmdline_options_purpose) > 0)
    printf("\n%s\n", cmdline_options_purpose);

  printf("\n%s\n\n", cmdline_options_usage);
  while (cmdline_options_help[i])

while purpose are really optional (see if).