help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] cmdline_file_save accepts file handler instead

From: Papp Gyozo (VBuster)
Subject: [help-gengetopt] cmdline_file_save accepts file handler instead
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:50:06 +0200

Hi there,

another simple question or "begging" (depends on your attitude) has come to my
mind.

It would be great if the generated config file saver function (or an
alternative one) could accept FILE* pointer instead of a filename, because this
way it would be easy to implement `--show-config' feature which dumps the
current settings e.g to stdout (like. gcc -dump* options do)

Background. One of our product has a fairly complex initialization procedure
(where to lookup for config file(s) -- system default, customized user and so
on). So it sometimes takes considerably long time to figure out the exact
configuration with what the program had launched.

Saving to file is OK but in some cases it is preferrable to dump it simply to
the stdout (ie. in script and such)

--
Papp, Gyozo
Virusbuster Kft