[h-e-w] EmacsW32; tramp trouble with Tru64

From: Nelson E. Ingersoll
Subject: [h-e-w] EmacsW32; tramp trouble with Tru64
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:14:55 -0700

   Has anyone figured out to get the Tramp (v2.0.55) in EmacsW32
(v2007.02.25 et al) to work properly with a Tru64 4.0d (or any version)
system?  It works well with all other systems, including it seems
OpenVMS.  However, with Tru64 it takes literally 1-2 minutes to return
from saving a simple file on the Tru64 system.  I've tried using the FTP
method, i.e. (setq tramp-default-method "ftp").  Didn't make any difference.

   At the moment not only do I have to run the tramp-unload-tramp
function, I have to use an old version of Ange-ftp.  Which is generally
fine except for having to remember to run tramp-unload-tramp first.  It
doesn't work when run from within .emacs or init.el.

- Nelson