[h-e-w] Latest w3m and emacs-w3m

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: [h-e-w] Latest w3m and emacs-w3m
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:44:16 -0500

Running on XP Pro with the Cygwin toolset.

I'm running the latest versions of w3m and emacs-w3m.

The table borders are rendering just fine using default settings, but
any <HR> tags are being converted to some character that can't be
rendered correctly. I'm using lucida console font in emacs

I've tried setting the w3m-command-arguments to use only ASCII
(setq w3m-command-arguments '("-O ascii" "-no-graph"))

but I still get little boxes instead of a horizontal line.

W3m is rendering fine in my terminal (rxterm with lucida console font
as well).

If I could find out what character emacs-w3m is placing on the
screen, I could just substitute it with

(standard-display-ascii ?\227 " -- ")

where ?\227 is the character on the screen.

I've tried w3mmee and w3m-m17n as well, but with the same effect.

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

- Chris McMahan

--
    Chris McMahan | address@hidden