[h-e-w] Re: Fwd: dired-execute-file

From: Henrik Andersson
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Fwd: dired-execute-file
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:59:32 +0100

Thanks, that is one big step further to emacs-dominating my working environment.

Cheers, Henrik

Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
This is the file containing the functions I use.  I wrote it based on
discussion on this list a few years ago.  The key is w32-shell-execute

C-c C-f in dired now does exactly what double-click in windows explorer does.
The others are ones I use.  Probably the most important special case is C-c C-g
which sends a gzipped postscript file directly to ghostview (ghostview does the
gunzip
by itself, so there is never any point to gunzipping a postscript file.  Much
better
to store the compressed version which can be 5 to 10 times smaller).