Re: [h-e-w] OpenSP

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] OpenSP
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:47:05 +0100

Christopher G D Tipper wrote:

I just realised why nobody answered this question--emacs just locked-up for twenty minutes on my computer parsing the DocBook DTD (200+elements).

Looks like I need another tool for editing XML. Sorry about that.
Try nxml-mode (http://www.thaiopensource.com/nxml-mode/), which has its own internal parsing and checking algorithms. It uses RELAX-NG schemas, which are easily generated from DTDs and W3 Schemas using the other tools on James Clark's website.