[h-e-w] Re: Emacs w32 FAQ maintainer

From: David J. Biesack
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Emacs w32 FAQ maintainer
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:05:29 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:43:46 +0200
> From: "Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden>
> Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs w32 FAQ maintainer
>
> There is currently no maintainer (as far as I know) for GNU Emacs FAQ for
> Windows (http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq.html). Steve Kemp who
> was the former maintainer says he handed over maintainer a few good years
> ago.
> [snip]
> I think a maintainer is needed.

How about migrating the W32 FAQ to the Emacs Wiki? Then, the community
can maintain it rather than putting the burden on one or a handful of
maintainers.
Much of what is in the w32 FAQ are really general Emacs questions and
already exist int the Emacs wiki. So we could trim some fat at the same time..

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/SiteMap

We can even use the wiki for "project management" for this conversion --
list the FAQ questions and their new Wiki names as each FAQ entry is
migrated to a wiki page (or an existing wiki page). I think the
hardest part of all of this would be picking good wiki names
for the FAQ topics.

--
David J. Biesack     SAS Institute Inc.
R&D Java Strategist  SAS Campus Drive Cary, NC 27513