[h-e-w] Windows Emacs using Window print routines

From: Wojciech Komornicki
Subject: [h-e-w] Windows Emacs using Window print routines
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:36:52 -0600

>>>>> "Doug" == Harter, Douglas <address@hidden> writes:

  Doug:> I hope the developers read this list, because I would like to
  Doug:> see whether this generates a good discussion which goes my
  Doug:> way.  I THINK IT IS TIME THAT WINDOWS EMACS USES THE WINDOWS
  Doug:> PRINT ROUTINES INSTEAD OF PRINTING THRU DOS, or at least
  Doug:> provide it as an option.

  Doug:> The main reason is that with the increased usage of
  Doug:> All-In-One type printers, dos cannot print to the usb
  Doug:> ports. Since I got my HP PSC 2110 All-in-One printer, it is
  Doug:> now impossible for me to print from emacs.

  Doug:> If anyone has found out how to do this or knows of a program
  Doug:> which will use the usbprint.sys to do it, PLEASE let me know.

I have been using the utility prfile for printing from emacs for quite a
while.  It allows me to print to any of my printers, whether they are
connected to the parallel port or the USB port or on the network.  I set
the value of lpr-command to the utility and from then on I invoke
lpr-command to do the printing.

--
Wojciech Komornicki