[h-e-w] bash commands

From: Morgan V. Cundiff
Subject: [h-e-w] bash commands
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:48:39 -0500 (EST)

I just installed cygwin bash.  I added c:\cygwin\bin to my PATH vaariable
and all the commands and programs that are in that directory run fine both
from windows 2000 command line and the bash shell prompt. However when I
start up bash in emacs (M-q shell) the bash shell starts up but when I
type a command, some commands work (such as ls or pwd) but most do not
(such as mkdir, cat, du, etc.). What is going on here. How do you make bash
running
within emacs aware of the programs that are in c:\cygwin\bin directory?

Here is what i have in .emacs regarding bash:

(setq exec-path (cons "c:\\cygwin\\bin" exec-path))
(setenv "SHELL"  "c:\\cygwin\\bin\\bash.exe")
(setq shell-file-name  "c:\\cygwin\\bin\\bash.exe")

Thanks,
Morgan Cundiff